AutoNOC is an implementation of a NOC ("network operations center") in a box. It provides network participants who are supporting the network, with operational tools like end user issue ticketing, network stability monitoring, out-of-band equipment management, abuse resolution, emergency response, etc.
This is what we used to build the FreedomCenter deployment of AutoNOC.
All the below items are deployed on a lxc Debian Wheezy container, fully patched as of ~Aug 1 2014.
For up/down monitoring, historical trending/instrumentation and log analysis:
- Zenoss: http://hydruid-blog.com/install-zenoss-4-2-5-on-ubuntu-1213-or-debian-7/
- Zenpack details will go here....
- OSSEC: https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids . We use a dashboard called analogi ( https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/OSSEC_2.8.0_Server_Client_and_Analogi_Dashboard_on_Ubuntu.html ) which visualizes syslog events on a timeline, using ossec rules engine.
- Graylog2 http://everythingshouldbevirtual.com/ubuntu-12-04-graylog2-installation (we had to modify the script a bit to work with Debian Wheezy.)
For command dispatching/compliance/configuration management:
- Command dispatch we use a combination of Rundeck: http://rundeck.org/downloads.html (Just installed the deb package) as a front end (handling things like security, logging etc) and Trigger: http://trigger.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ as a Rundeck command dispatcher.
- For configuration management there is NO! puppet/chef/salt/cfengine here. Way too complicated and relies on state. VERY BAD! We use https://code.google.com/p/slack/ which is a stateless, highly simply config management system. All it does is distribute files and execute programs. Nothing more.
For security instrumentation :
- Many components of the Security Onion suite:
For inventory tracking:
- OpenDCIM http://www.opendcim.org/
Legacy stuff below here
NOC Operational Services
- Ticketing (OSTicket)
- Documentation and configuration management system (Netdot/Nocproject.org)
- Radio management (TBD)
- Captive portal/security (PacketFence)
- GIS System (Udig/OpenStreetMap/Ushadi)
- Asset location tracking (OpenGTS)
- Technical Operations Dispatch system (TicketsCAD)
|Free Network Infrastructure Projects (edit)|
| Appliances: Box - Node - Tower - Link
Software: AutoNOC - AutoTunnel
Facilities: FreedomCenter - GuifiUS - FNF_Lab
Big picture: The Free Network Stack